Sunday, February 22, 2009

February 22, 2009 (Our 6th year wedding anniversary!)

Greetings all -- Jerry here.

Yes, it is our 6th anniversary today! Wow, time can really speed by when you enjoy life. I can still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday... from freezing our butts off taking pictures at Lake Calhoun (yes, in February!), to karaoke at our reception, it was a very unique and special day that I will cherish forever!

I'm sure Mary Beth will officially fill you in on all the stuff that has happened since her last post, but I will say that we have received confirmation that our dossier is in Ethiopia (after a pit stop in Jordan!?!) and that we should be "officially waiting" in the next couple of weeks.

The baby's room is looking phenomenal! I'm sure MB will post some pictures shortly. It sure is nice to see results of such hard work. We still have lots to do, but you can tell the progress.

I believe we are very blessed that Mary Beth has been able to volunteer every week at the adoption agency. She has also made friends of some of the other parents, which has been very helpful. This can obviously be a very stressful time, and I am so grateful that BFAS has given MB the opportunity to use some of her free time helping out the agency.

That's all for now, I'm sure MB will be on again soon. I just want to say how much I love my wife, and how happy I am right now, and have been for the 6 years we have been married, and the 15 (!) years we have been together. Mary Beth makes me who I am, and allows me to be successful in life. I can't thank her enough.

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment